ENVIRONMENT CONSERVATION DIVISION
The Indian Constitution imposes environmental mandates on Indian states apart from other laws for prevention, control and conservation. The state of J&K faces threats from flash floods, cloud bursts, glacier melting and other natural/manmade calamities. Environment conservation remains, beyond any doubt, the biggest threat to the state and its citizens. National Development Foundation works for the conservation & protection of nature and natural resources.
We are committed to:
- Conservation and Judicious use of Natural Resources like water ,Forests, soil, traditional crops, medicinal and aromatic plants, and biodiversity etc.
- Reducing man Animal conflict
- Reducing the impacts of Climate change
- Imparting environment education, raising awareness, developing strategic approaches to policy development and implementation.
- Promoting sustainable livelihood in mountain ecosystems
- Advocacy on environmental issues with stake holders including government.
Some of our work in Environment conservation includes:
Promote rain water harvesting, upkeep & revival of water resources and their conservation
Develop capacities of Panchyats, communities and other stake holders on conservation of environment and natural resources .
Organize plantation drives and distribution of free plants
Promote environment education among various stake holders particularly children and youth. We organise their environmental study tours and exposure visits to inculcate among them a sense of appreciation for environment and zeal to conserve it.